Thursday, December 18, 2008

And my freelance career is getting off the ground!

Yahoo! I completed my first actually writing project on rentacoder.com and the client absolutely loved them. I wrote sixteen articles on wedding planning. I finished two days ahead of the deadline and asked if she needed anything changed or edited in my articles. She told me that they were absolutely perfect and she has more work for me in the future. I'm so excited!

I am working on my second writing project, a 750 word article on taking control of your finances. So far my rough draft is only 450 words, so I am going to have go back through and bulk it up a bit. I have seven more days, I'm not worried!

I've been looking at some more freelance sites but so far I am not impressed. Rentacoder averages $3-4 for 350 words. The other sites I've been looking at average only $1.50 for 350 words. I just don't think that's worth my time! I have to keep looking but so far, I am sticking with rentacoder - there are new projects posted constantly. I think I can stay busy just on that site for now.

I also have earned more money from Associated Content. That site frustrated me at first because it takes a week or so to find out what they are willing to pay for your article. But what I've come to realize is that if I submit one article every day, I should continue to get paid every day - AC payments go through immediately. I've got to start submitting at least one article per day.

I've been slacking on eHow. I need to really focus on eHow the rest of the week. Tomorrow I will finish that one article and then eHow my heart out all weekend. I really wanted 100 articles done before we leave on our trip and that isn't going to happen if I don't get on it!

I have set a goal for January of brining in a total of $1,000 from all my sources, including ChaCha. I plan to limit my ChaCha to $20 per day so I have more time to focus on writing. That means I need to make $400 writing in January. I think that is a reasonable goal for my first full month. I've made $94 already this month writing and I only got really serious about it over the weekend. If I submit one article per day to AC, I should make at least $100 on that site alone. My eHow earnings will hopefully grow to about $25 for the month. That means I need to land $275 worth of freelance work. That should be easy enough, I hope.

No comments: