Monday, December 15, 2008

My second freelance writing job!

What a good day for me today. I received my upfront payment for my first two articles on Associated Content for a total of $6.55 - not a lot, but still exciting. I have three more articles pending with them and if they are approved, I will get a $10 bonus for publishing five articles this month.

I also just put in a bid on rentacoder.com for writing articles about weddings. They need someone who can write about beach weddings, and well, who better? I sent them my article on eHow about my wedding. The coolest part was that bidding was open until Saturday but right after I sent my bid, I got a response within an hour that I'd been chosen and the deadline had been cut short! It's a lot of work - sixteen articles at $4 each. But it's all about building my status on the site and getting a good reputation. And in the end, it shouldn't take me all that long to write them and it's $64 I didn't have before. Probably less time than it would take me to earn that much money on ChaCha these days, anyway. I'm thrilled!

No comments: